Monday, November 21, 2011

Additional Post #1




1. Why did I miss the Metaphor?
To be honest I missed the metaphor because I was too busy trying to have the assignment done on time. There has even been times where I was having a bad day and once the assignment is thirty minutes from being due, I have an anxiety attack and its all about getting the assignment done. I then worry if what I have submitted will be Dr. Strange worthy.
2. Metaphors I have encountered
Birds of a feather flock together. Men are a dime a dozen. Practice what you preach. I will slap you into next week. We are in the last days. You aint nothing but a hound dog. Find you somebody to play with. It was love at first sight. I could see the fire in your eye. You light my soul on fire. love hurts. You made my heart skip a beat. I am the bomb. It was so quiet you could hear a mouse piss on cotton. I was on cloud nine. If I'm lying I'm flying. My car is hanging on by a thread.
3.Other things we can do as educators to help our students
One thing that we can do as educators is to always challenge our students to think outside the box. To be explores and not just little puppets that do as they are told. We have to give them the opportunity to mess up and then find ways to make the situation better.
4.Why do we use metaphors?
As Dr.strange said, We use metaphors to help us see things in a better light. Instead of saying you can get 12 men for ten cent. You make it more animated by saying, "men are a dime a dozen". It makes the saying that more comical. We also use metaphors to show emotions to show how good or bad we feel about someone or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment